Monday, February 28, 2011

BAKED: Sunday Afternoon Cake

I was planning on making the Salt and Pepper cookies a few weeks early since I'll be out of town that weekend, but I found at the last minute that I didn't have all the required ingredients. We were having dinner at our friend's house, though, so I checked out BAKED to see what else they might have! Since it WAS Sunday Afternoon, we decided this was the perfect fit.

I followed the recipe as written, using all organic and/or Trader Joes ingredients.

The frosting was a first for me, and I L.O.V.E.D. it! It was nice and pudding-ee, and still light and fluffy. The cake....eh, I've had better! It was a little dense for me, and possibly too...hearty for my taste. BUT, our guests loved it, and it was very moist, which is always a positive!

Credit goes to Holly Badurek, who took the LOVELY photos of the cake. Thanks so much Holly!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. I'm skipping the S&P cookies. My mom made them and Joel, Penguin & I greatly disliked them. Too salty....

    ReplyDelete